Well, I have recently finished watching season four of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and am about to start watching the first half of season five. This is making me really nervous. Every time that I start watching a show that others have already been watching for years, I start after season four, and catch up so that I can watch (most of) season five live with everybody. The problem is that whenever this happens, the show always seems to get cancelled, so season five is the last season. This has happened several times now, so I am worried that it will happen to Clone Wars as well. Here is a list of shows that got cancelled once I finally started watching them (I’ll add the ones I can remember off the top of my head and add more when I look them up):
- Angel (This was the first time I noticed “the curse”.)
- Alias (I started watching just before the last season.)
- Battlestar Galactica (2003) (After season three, I watched the original 1978 and 1980 versions, then 2003; it was cancelled the next season).
- Primeval (It was cancelled in season five, just before I started watching.)
- Merlin (The library has the first four seasons, so I decided to start watching it, then I heard that season five is the last.
Unfortunately, I don’t actually have the “power to cancel shows” by just starting late because there are some shows that don’t/wouldn’t stop: Californication, Boardwalk Empire, Lost, Jersey Shore, Gossip Girl, The Hills, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Shameless (both), Spartacus, True Blood
Some other shows that I began watching late have fortunately survived my curse: Game of Thrones, Borgias, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Dexter, Face Off, MythBusters, Pawn Stars, Ricky Gervais Show, The Office (UK), Stargate SG1, Breaking Bad, Being Human (UK), The Shield. And of course Star Wars; I had heard people rabidly love it for decades. I finally watched the films and they were okay. I then watched Clone Wars which made me like it even more. (If I have to choose, I’m still a Star Trek guy though.)