♪ Black Christmas, I tore you apart,
but the very next day, you all ran away.
Next year, to make you all fear,
I’m bringing in someone special. 😉 ♫
It started to rain while my window was open, and my Orange Pi that runs my web-server and hosts this blog was behind the window. When I noticed, I blurted out (most of) the following poem:
Aye aye aye!
My Orange Pi
Has gotten wet,
But should be dry
Why oh why‽
It’s gonna die
I will not lie,
I’m gonna cry
I can’t be shy,
I have to try
To make it dry
So it can fly.
(It’s fine; it’s just a little soggy, it’s still good, it’s still good.)
- INT. MILITARY BASE
- CAPTAIN GOODWIN sits at her desk using her computer, a new-email notification sound CHIMES and she CLICKS her mouse.
- Her face widens and she jumps up excitedly running to DR. RUTLEDGE’s office.
- Dr. Rutledge! Dr. Rutledge!
- Yes? What is it? What’s happened‽
- Captain Goodwin grabs his arm and hurries him back to her desk. She points to the screen sharply.
- He was right. Captain Stevens changed our reality!
- What are you talking about?
- I just checked my email. Look at the message I got this morning.
- Dr. Rutledge looks at the screen with a dubious expresion, briefly changing to one of surprise, then back to one of sullen capitulation.
- No, that’s not what you think. The virtualized guest system simply leaked out into the host system. We’ll have to fix that, but it’s only a bug, nothing more.
- But look at the timestamp, the message was sent this morning!
- No, that’s the message timestamp. Look at the timestamp on the mail server. It was sent a minute ago.
- Goodwin’s hopeful expression fades as she sees where Rutledge points.
- I’m sorry captain, but like I said, the source code maybe a powerful tool, but it is essentially just virtual-reality. He cannot change the real world, let alone alter the past.
- If you would please begin the memory wipe now…
- Rutledge heads back to his office. Goodwin lingers a moment longer, blinking, then TAPS a few keys. A computerized voice ANNOUNCES that the wipe has begun.
- Goodwin heads out the door and closes it behind her.
- CUT TO BLACK.
- COMPUTER (V.O.)
- Memory wipe complete. Ready for next mission.
- THE END
Thanks to John August for the screenplay CSS.
The radio hosts this morning were discussing Valentine’s day. The male asked listeners what women want these days and the female commented that he has been married for 16 years and still doesn’t know.
I called in to tell them that she misunderstood his question. He was not asking the general (and pointless) questions what do women want?, he was asking specifically what women want these days, as in 2012. For example:
Possibly seen on IRC:
I just started playing meatboy.
I’ve seen that; it looks interesting.
Yeah, it’s okay, but it reminds me a lot of that ninja game N.
* Bobert has joined #offtopic
In fact, it’s basically just a colored N.
* Bobert has quit IRC (racist jerks)
I think it’s because you said “colored N”.
Oh, lol. Good thing I didn’t say “black and white meatboy”.
Ha, yeah, good thing.