Windows Vista has a translucent selection rectangle on the desktop by default, but XP uses the old-fashioned dotted rectangle.
This tool enables or disables the translucent selection rectangle on the Windows XP desktop.
* N.B.: There are some limitations of using a marquee on the XP desktop:
- If no wallpaper is selected, it will use the desktop color as the background and marquee will be expected color.
- If a wallpaper is selected, it will be replaced with a black background but the marquee will be expected color.
- If ActiveDesktop is used (HTML wallpaper selected), it will be displayed correctly but the marquee will be invisible.
Please feel free to contact us with any comments, questions, bug reports or for further help.
2009.08.03 - 1.0
- Public release
- Fixed refresh
- Feature complete, bug-tested
2009.08.01 - 0.0
- Conceived, project created